Medisoft is a product of the McKesson corporation, a health care services company that provides pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, and health care information technologies to make health care safer while reducing costs. McKesson is America’s oldest and largest health care services company, dating back 175 years. McKesson is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Medisoft Version 17 is a proven and affordable practice management solution designed to simplify and streamline the management of the practice. The software has everything from scheduling to revenue management capabilities to improve productivity. It streamlines accounting, billing, and collection processes to increase efficiency and shorten the revenue cycle.
- Standard scheduling engine makes it easy to schedule, move, or cancel appointments
- Verify insurance eligibility before scheduled appointments
- Collect copayments and balances due at the time of check-in
- Add payments directly into the billing system form the scheduling screen
- Produce receipts for up front payments
- Consolidate billing data entry using Patient Quick Entry
- Submit claims electronically
- Manage claims, resubmit individual or batches of claims
- Produce easy to read patient statements
- Automate population of Collections Worklist for follow up with payors and patients
- Integrates seamlessly with EHR systems
- Automates performance tracking for the practice
- Simpler and faster patient accounting
- Over 200 reports included to give information on managed care plans, financial information, marketing statistics, service facility financial information, export templates, and custom reports
- Optional enhanced Medisoft Reports Professional module offers 368 reports, charts, and graphs
- Included iOfficeHours for Medisoft App for iPhone/iPad that allows mobile practice management and access to data
Medisoft Clinical combines the Medisoft v17 practice management system with the Medisoft EHR system to form a comprehensive medical health record/practice management solution. The solution includes all the features of the Medisoft v17 software while also giving EMR functionality:
- Information sharing to eliminate redundant data entry
- Automatic notification of patient readiness for appointment
- Automatic population of electronic encounter forms populated with ICD-9 and CPT-4 codes
- Bright Note Technology allows physicians to complete and update an entire chart from a one progress note
- Adaptable documentation tools to allow data entry through templates, speech recognition, transcription, digital pen, dictation, and web based patient data entry
- Provider dashboard to view critical information, orders, and daily schedule
- Extensive web based medical knowledge base
- Electronic prescribing via SureScripts to enhance safety and speed
- Coding advisor for E&M codes to optimize coding for documentation
- Automated population of patient chart using transcribed text
- Import/Export chart summary using CCD or CCR formats
- Selective data updating for imported documents
- Customized chart views
RelayHealth EDI facilitates secure communication between patients, payors, and pharmacists. RelayHealth helps maximize revenue for the provider. Electronic claims processing helps to ensure accurate submissions, faster turnaround, and reduced rejections.
- Eligibility verification to provider quick confirmation of insurance and benefit coverage
- Electronic claim submission
- Electronic remittance advice
- BillFlash patient statement service automatically creates statements
- Transmission of daily schedule to obtain eligibility information for every payor
Medisoft Clinical is CCHIT Certified Ambulatory EHR and has ONC-ATCB Certification.
Medisoft v17 practice management software is HIPAA ANSI 5010 Compliant.
Medisoft offers practice management and EMR software that helps smaller practices to streamline operations, increase efficiency, and boost profitability. Medisoft is a product of McKesson, an international health care services company that serves customers in 50 states and with a variety of offerings. The software can be purchased directly from McKesson or from value added resellers.
McKesson has a Six Sigma methodology that emphasizes strong objectives, data collection, and analysis for continual improvement.